Text Messages

dsprules

CAN YOU USE AN SLC 504 TO SEND TEXT MESSAGES e.g PRODUCTION SCORES.IF SO WHAT EQUIPMENT WILL I NEED TO DO THIS
THANKS
DARREN

Fairly straight forward Daz. Just get yourself a GSM modem (Westermo, Siemens etc). Hang it off CH0 of the 5/04. Then write yourself a bit of code (using the Ascii commands, AWT etc) and Bob's your proverbial. :cool:

If you search back through the forum there are loads of examples (i've posted a couple myself - even some sample code) - for you to try....

You can send a text message with as little as 2-3 lines of code....

Not sure what level of detail you needed?o_O

Hope this helps!

Regards

Rob

Last edited:
Thanks Rob ,
I will look in to this .What i need to do is connect 8 plcs together using DH+ then every hour send the production scores automatically to the mobile phones .

Again, quite straight forward....Are you going to gather the production totals on one machine, then use that one (with the modem connected to it) to send the text messages?

You can pick up a GSM modem for less than £100, so if you've already got the 5/04's networked, then it should be relatively inexpensive to implement what you want to do...

Hope this helps....(y)

Rob.