printing logic

dgalenski

How can I get logic into a word document? Or where are some basic logic diagrams to copy? I am trying to come up with a electrical skills test for our company.

Printing

There are a couple of ways.

1) ASCII Graphics
You can do what this site does.

Change to a Courier font (fixed size font, rather than a proprotional (like Arial, and almost all others), and use dashes, pluses, spaces, etc, to draw a rung:

START STOP MOTOR
---| |---+-----| |-------( )
|
MOTOR |
---| |---+

`

2) Screen Captures

If you have a PLC programming package, you can do screen captures using the <PRINT SCREEN> key on your keyboard to capture an image and Paint (in the Accessories Folder of the Start menu) to turn then into a bitmap. You can embed bitmaps into your Word document.
TIP: Converting them to 256 color (or less), and also converting then to a .GIF or .JPG file will greatly reduce the size of the document. So does cropping the picture in Paint, changing the size of the graphic. Once in Paint, select the area you want and do a COPY TO.

3) Using RSLogix

If your PLC programming software is RSLogix, you can copy one rung at a time directly from RSLogix to Word as a bitmap. Just select the rung and do a copy (CTRL+C). Go to Word, and from the EDIT menu, select PASTE SPECIAL. Change the type of paste from Text to Bitmap, and the rung will be in Word, sized to the paragraph width.

The nice thing about this last method is that the rung doesn't have to fit on the screen to do the paste. You get the whole rung, even if it's too wide or has too many branches to fit on a single screen capture.

Last edited:
If you have a full-blown version of Adobe Acrobat you can print ladder logic to the Distiller engine and it will become a .pdf file which you can then print wherever you like.

Ladder to text

My favorite method is to install a "Generic, Text only" printer through the Operating System. Then assign this to the Port "File".
This gives me the ability to print Any ASCII Data to a flat text file.
You can then open and edit this with any text editor. You may need to select a mono-spaced font to make it look right.

Good Luck,

Several capture programs in the internet

For free , by press PrtScSysRq on your's computerkeyboard.

Or try to using some several programs in the internet.
Such as snagit, hypersnap ..any capture..etc
You can find in www.download.com

A.Char