Beijers E1000 - FTP Connection over PPP

Philg

Is anyone aware of whether you can access the FTP data (trend backup data) through the PPP connection ?

I connect using the PPP connection, and then when using HMI Tools FTP Client Software with comms setup for the PPP IP address but HMI Tools software hangs when I try to connect.

The User Account at the HMI end has got FTP Read/write access.

Any ideas ??

Hi,

Do you have a lot of large trend files in the HMI? If that is the case you could try to increase the time-out in the HMI Tools FTP client to the maximum.

You can also test with some other FTP-clients and see if they work better.

//Supporter

Sorry - my Firewall was causing the hastles and stopping my connection, unfortunately HMI Tools FTP Client hasn't got a timeout setting though as now my next problem is it only partially uploads the data in the backup files across the FTP connection when using PPP ...

I think the other FTP-client will have to be the way... have you used any that you recommend ? ... thanks

Last edited:
I have tried a number of FTP-Clients and the same problem as in my last post occurs.

It seems that the maximum file size that I can get across the FTP connection through PPP is 16384bytes at which point the data port is closed and the FTP client believes the transfer was successful (the file I am trying to extract is 341K so it is no where near completed!!)

Do you know if their is a limit? The files transfer fine when FTP over a TCP connection.