Rick Densing

Anyone remember AB's APS file format.

I am trying to read a program that is in a directory called APSprograms

I have the following files.
.LCK
.LIS
.PCR
.XRF

I suspect I am missing something. RSlogix can't open it.

If my memory serves me, APS generated something like twelve files per user program. I think when you ran a report, it made another four files.

I can't remember the extension of where the PLC ladder logic actually resided, but it definitely is not one of the four you listed.

I'm going completely by memory - but I think that .ACH and .NAM are the two files that are absolutely required ... I can check this out when I get home this afternoon - but you'll probably already have it nailed by then ...

good luck ...

You pretty much confirmed what I thought.

I can remeber the AI files, but I was not sure of APS. I knew I did not have all the files, but do not know which ones are essential.

Ron Beaufort said:
I'm going completely by memory - but I think that .ACH and .NAM are the two files that are absolutely required ... I can check this out when I get home this afternoon - but you'll probably already have it nailed by then ...

good luck ...
I agree completely with Ron. The .ACH is the ladder logic (unlabelled) and the .NAM is the comments.

IIRC, the .LIS is the IO listing and the .XRF is the Cross-Reference report that APS generated -- These should both be ready to send to the printer.

Don't remember the .PCR or the .LCK, but none of these are anything that you can connect to the PLC with. Only the .ACH and .NAM. I believe that only the .ACH and .NAM can be opened by RSLogix.

AB PLC5 and SLC file extensions

Here's what I have. Hope it helps.

As far as APS ... the
address / symbol descriptions is your project name.txt
instruction comments is your project name1.txt
page title / rung comments is your project name2.txt
symbol groups
are all .txt files

- Tony

Last edited: