XSEL, Light Curtain and a PLC

Disar

Hello,

I am using a Safescan 9B light Curtain made by Dolan-Jenner, a XSEL controller(2 axes) made by Intelligent Actuator, and a Modicon(Momentum) PLC.

The Light Curtain is hardwired to the enable line of the XSEL controller. When the Field of Light of the light curtain is broken the XSEL controller will stop.

Upon pressing my reset Push Button on my HMI touchscreen (which is suppossed to clear all faults and returns my XSEL controller back to the "Load" position) nothing happens. The common error I get from the XSEl is "Homing not Complete". But this error will not reset and allow me to home my XSEL controller unless I Shut down the whole system and turn it all back on. If I go into the program and reset errors it still does not allow me to get my XSEL to the home position.

My questions are:
1. Does any one have any expereince/pointers with integration of the three aforementioned products (or similar ones)?

2. If I kill the ENABLE line to of the XSEL controller, does it reset the whole XSEL controller? If so, do I need to do the same to the PLC?

If anything is unclear please let me know and I can clarify.

Thanks for the help!