Dual Analog

lalion

Hi,

couple quick questions, hopefully should be easy for some of you. I have micrologix 1100 with 0-10V analog input, and SEW vsd with analog input (0-10V/4-20mA). What I want to do is get an analog signal from 1 pot into both. Can I simply parallel wire output from the pot into both plc and vsd analog input terminals, or does it get bit more tricky?

Secondly, i be believe both devices are passive analog, thus what size pot do i need if i want 0-10v signal out, using 24V power into pot.

thanks in advance,

leo.

In effect, you will be paralleling the analog inputs. I doubt you will have a problem.
1400 ohm resistor (1% precision) and a 1000 ohm pot in series.

The correct way to do it is 'pot to PLC input', and 'PLC Analog output to VSD'.