Pocket PC <=> Omron PLC

jacco

I want that my pocket pc can communicate with my Omron PLC by Wlan.
Maybe someone can help me.

The first challange is to get the Omron PLC onto ethernet, then to a wireless, through an access point. I am assuming the Pocket PC has a wireless card in it and has a CE operating system. When you get connected, are you wanting to view data which you would need a CE based Human Machine Interface and use Active-Sync to put in on your PC. Or if you wanted to program in Visual C you could create your own. If you want to program over a CE device, you would have to have compatable programming software, which as far as I know, is still not available.
What ever way you try to connect, it will not be easy.

Omron actually has a PLC with an IR port which I have seen that allows you to upload information to a Palm Pilot. I have seen this at a large farming operation here in the US. I was told that Omron made this for this customer, so they may already have what you are looking for.

I am sure that I have read somewhere on the net that a company does do software and leads for a palm pilot to communicate with several brands of plc (including omron)
It said it can be used like an HMI and change data values or program in list.

I think the software was a free 'time limited' demo for download.