Communication between a CPU313C and a ET200S with a CP342-5

pietervdb

Hello,

I need to make a connection between an ET200S and a CPU313C through profibus, so i bought a CP342-5 module. I followed the manual from siemens "NCM S7 - Manuals", and i made the CP342-5 work as DP master. In OB1 i declared FC1 and FC2. I get no hardware error's or SF on bought sides of the profibus.

I took a screenshot of the program, you can find it here:
http://users.pandora.be/pietervdb/EIV.JPG

There are only AND and OR ports in FC10 for redirecting IO's to the IO's on the main CPU.

My problem is that i cant read or write the IO's from the ET200S.

Does somebody know where i made my mistake?

Thanx

Pieter Van den Bussche

The CP342 card uses the FC1 & FC2 blocks to read and write the I/O into a table. The addresses you use for the I/o are just offsets in the table.

E.g. if you used DB100 as your send data and Db101 as your receive data then if your first I/O point used 1.0 as the Input address you would reference that as Db101.dbx1.0 in your ladder logic.

Your example with input addresses of 100.0 would actually be I200.0 (I 100.0 + offset of 100.0) so your address for the ET200S should be starting at 0.0 for it to work.

I hope you understand my explanation.

Mark

Just one more question. When i only use DI/DO i have no problems, but when i add 2 AO's. I wouldn't work any more.

The screenshot is the hardware for the ET200S and the code in OB1. Without the 2 AO's the code works fine.

http://users.pandora.be/pietervdb/EIV2.JPG

The pionter is set to a range of 10 bytes, this is enough (DO's = 2bytes + AO's = 8bytes == 10 Bytes) even when i increase it to 12bytes it wouldn't work.

Do i need to do something special for PQW's?

Thanx

Thanx,

But i already called siemens helpdesk.

The range of the send pointer needed to be set at 15, and when you want to address the AO cards. You don't need to use PQW102 but QW102.

When you program the module ist sometimes necessary to cut the power and restart, because sometimes the cp 342-5 doesn't restart after a warm restart.