Siemens S7 and setting up acquistion of dynamic IP adress

blackslipper

Hi hI

I am having a problem when using the S7 via the ethernet, using the CP 243-1 IT module.
The problem is any time i turn off the system, and restart is seems that the IP adress that I assigned to the PLC was taken up by another device on the network and therefore I have to go through the whole process of setting up through the internet wizard another IP adress I am wondering if there is another way, I.e. automatically the PLC will grab any available IP adress between some range for example..

Can this be done and how?
If not any other suggestions on how to deal with this sort of thing?

Thanks

I don't know if the S7-200 supports DHCP (or BOOTP), but that probably isn't what you want anyway. It would be best if your network administrator added an exclusion to your DHCP (or BOOTP) server, and let you use the addresses in the exclusion zone as static IP's for PLC's and such.