Blue Screen: RSLinx - AB_KT-1 DH+

donl517

I have this driver loaded in RSlinx and every time I try to Stop or Delete it I get the Blue Screen of Death. Is there an update or a workaround to unload this driver? (Revision: 2.43.01.23 (CPR6))

Thanks,
Don

You are using windows XP probably, and you are using the PCCard KTX card?

Simple.. You installed it improperly, NOT selecting the proper card when you configured it in Linx.

Boot to Safe Mode
Run Regedit
Go to the key: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Rockwell Software\RSLinx\Drivers
Delete any and all folders that list a 'KT', as in "AB_KTLIKE"
Reboot.
When you first configure the card, MAKE ABSOLUTLY SURE YOU SELECT THE RIGHT CARD FROM THE DROP-DOWN BOX!

Thanks Rdrast,

I had actually been trying to connect to a PLC at a customers site, to no avail, I tried several drivers and when I got to this one; bingo, Crash!

Thanks Again,
Don

I too had the same problem. Two new PCs and two new 1784-PKTX cards for DH+. BSOD. Turns out I picked the KTX driver not the PKTX driver. Simple fix, to what appeared to be a major problem.

Whew!
Marc