Simple but work well no.2

Platootod

:oops: I have some small experience with the machine which
has 32 fungtions (may be we can call..32 subroutine..or multiple programs) by selecting from 32 toggle switches.
For example if we turn on Sw.No.1 machine run in speed A ..tool 1
if we turn on Sw.No.2 machine run in speed A ..tool 2
if we turn on Sw.No.3 machine run in speed A ..tool 3
etc.....
if we turn on Sw.No.32 machine run in speed D ..tool 6

I used Mitsubishi FX and SFC..for run this machine..
Some trig about this case that ..I connected 32 toggles Sw. at the output terminal of plc...So in this way..I can reduce input and reduce some cost..
Still work well
However, I want to know in this case if we use thumwheel sw.
at the input ..
How to write this program..? Any brand ...just for example
Thank you very much.

platootod
Mech.Rit.Non
:D

simlple plc2.jpg

I realize that I need glasses, but even with them, I doubt I'd be able to see that picture... :rolleyes:

Any chance you can post a larger version for us visually impaired folks?

beerchug

-Eric

Note to my "cousin" Allen...

Platootod has posted a picture.... It might show up as a "dot" on your 72" Belgian monitor... :p

Platootod

If you wanted to do so, 1 of 32 selectable Functions can be identified with a set of 5 switches. Use ordinary Binary.

Binary Function
00000 = 0 1 (Zero is a valid identifier!)
00001 = 1 2
00010 = 2 3
etc...

11110 = 30 31
11111 = 31 32

That's a total of 5-Inputs for all 32 functions.

As far as thumb-wheels go... each thumb-wheel displays 0-9. To identify those numbers, the thumb-wheel needs 4-bits...

Different thumb-wheels use different coding schemes (binary, gray...). Be sure to check what you have.

0000 = 0
0001 = 1
0010 = 2
0011 = 3
0100 = 4
0101 = 5
0110 = 6
0111 = 7
1000 = 8
1001 = 9

The one's digit requires 4-Inputs.
The ten's digit requires 4-Inputs. (Actually, only 2-Inputs are needed for this one)

That's a total of 6-Inputs.

Some PLC's have what's called a 4-to-1 Decoder. Sometimes a Decoder is identified by a different name, such as "Scan Matrix for Match". The matrix contains a correlated listing of entries.

The particular value-entries need to follow the number on the thumb-wheel.

SCAN MATRIX FOR MATCH

Entry-# In-4 In-3 In-2 In-1
1 0 0 0 0
2 0 0 0 1
3 0 0 1 0
4 0 0 1 1
etc...

When activated, the instruction looks through its list of Entries to find a match. When it finds a match the instruction outputs the Entry Number.

If you don't have such an instruction, you can build your own!

One is used for the One's Digit and one is used for the Ten's digit.
Then the various functions are activated by watching for the appropriate Ten's and One's Digits.

Decode-10 1 Decode-1 4
---------|=|--------------|=|-------( Run Function 14 )

Decode-10 2 Decode-1 7
---------|=|--------------|=|-------( Run Function 27 )

Now... a very important point...
You should have a button dedicated to telling the processor to "fetch" the current thumb-wheel reading. If you are on Function-12 and you want to go to Function-23 then both wheels are going to change position. You will hit 13 or 22 on your way to 23. Don't let the processor read the value until you tell it, "It is time to read the value".

Last edited:
Thanks for all Prof>(Eric ,terry wood,goody)

I am sorry for a picture..with a big eye ..you pay attention.
Thanks for all reply.( I am begin with Prof.infront of the name
because..I learned many thing from you in this plcs.net)
I post this for share some idia ,when the technician or the operator who take care the machine..need to use the same fungtion and the same
equipment that he familiar with.
So, I could not change from toggle Sw. to thumwhell..
From Prof.goody said....yes..with decoder .. we could reduce input..

From Prof.Terry Wood.. This is a good guide for the one who want to use thumwhhel with AB. plc...

For Prf. Eric.. I will try to post an appropriate picture next time.
( I post 2 or 3 time the picture not come out in this html ..so I reduced the picture size to 50 %)
I am sorry for this time..

I am very happy to know you..
Share knowledge is a good job for us.

platootod
Mech.RIT.Non.