profibus

You should supply a little more info, what cable are you using, how you made the connection. What is happening besides the fact that its not communicating...ie describe in more detail what you have done and what is happening.

I havent used an OP37 but the OP17 has some small switches in back that have to be set depending on what comm method is used, I am not at work looking at the OP so I cant state details. I hope I am remembering this correctly.

Good afternoon,

Sorry for the rather brief question this morning with respect to the profibus problem. I am conducting a technical thesis using an OP37 along with an S7/400 Seimens PLC. The controller is working properly and is ready to run, keep in mind that I am using a CPU315-2DP. The OP37 is an add-on and we want to establish communication between the PLC and the HMI (pro-tool-pro). I have tried different methods to place the op37 on the profibus, however all attempts have been unsuccesful. In addition, I examined the rear of the OP37 today and discovered switches on the back; what is the relavance of these switches when connecting the OP37 to the profibus and what should they be set to. Thanks in advance, Jeff burke

Last edited:
I recently put an OB37 in myself. The dip switches on back are for selecting your communication type. I didnt use profibus for this, I used RS-232 since i was going to a SLC500. Download the manual from Siemens it will give you alot of help. There are so many things that could be wrong. Profibus address conflicts, cable pinout errors, incorrect communication setup, and many other things that the manual will explain.

The switches on the back are for setting the Profibus address, every node on the profibus network requires this to be set.

Make sure also in protool that you have the communications set for profibus rather than MPI etc.

Regards

Barry

Hello !
You must specify in the protool program whitch controller/protocol is used for communication.
In protool goto controller and check connection/protocol.
Upper window OP-panel lower window controller + protocol.
You will see where the OP is connected on the right side ...
Also when you have selected the right plc you can see the symbol list in the protoool project.