AB pico/moeller easy.

jonton

Good morning.
Have seen discussions here before about similarities between pico and easy.
I have written and am simulating a program on an AB pico software and is running well on my laptop. My moeller easy software arrives today. Do I have to retype the whole program or are they compatible.

There are 3 that are made by the same company but brand labeled by others, Easy, Pico, and Logos (Siemens) if I am not mistaken, the programming should be the same.

Thanks for that guys. I actually managed to open the pico AB program with the moeller software but couldn't work with it. Had to re-type the whole ladder. Never mind, need the practice.Thanks again. Regards, Jon.

My first experience was with the AB Pico and had worked with that software before. When I changed companies I experimented with the Moeller version. The first thing I tried was creating a program with the AB software and downloading it to the Moeller plc. This worked flawlessly, since then I have never used the Moeller software, and have been programming my Moeller plc with the AB software ever since.

What a nightmare. The Moeller software is heaps inferior to the AB Pico. I had to go back the next day to resolve some little things like disable the keys on the front and get the thing to start up in run mode. When I cycled power, POOF lost the whole program. After discussions with local rep he agreed to send me another unit. But futher enquiries with interstate experts and many hours late at night revealed a horrible secret. They are happily selling the software with a little glitch which comands the unit to look to the com port for its program on boot-up, instead of it's own eeprom. They know this and the upgrades in the mail no charge. I lost about $500 in lost income though. And customer thinks I'm a bit simple. No wonder it wouldn't start in run, the ladder was missing. I feel heaps better tho, after typing this winge.