WinCC Flex & MP277 - downloading via Ethernet, how?

RMA

We've got a (very!) new MP277 which has only USb and Ethernet comms. Since we haven't yet received our point-to -point USB cable we decided to try and download the programm via Ethernet for testing.

After some searching we eventually found where to set the IP address on the panel and were then able to ping it from the ES PC. We then set up the transfer mode as Ethernet and entered the MPs IP address and tried to download - result:no partner found.

What else do we need to set up in order to download to the MP and whereabouts do we find it?!

Problem solved - turns out that you have to set the panel into transfer mode before initiating the transfer from the PC, after that, everything went fine.

Hey RMA,

Don't usually need to do that, for future ref. Was the remote checkbox ticked in the transfer settings ethernet option?

Was the remote checkbox ticked in the transfer settings ethernet option?
Yes, I believe it was/is checked, but we still seemed to have to initiate the transfer from the panel before starting it on the PC. I'll need to double check next time we get onto the test system, in case my memory's playing tricks, because if that's really the case, it would be a real pain in the neck in a big plant, where the panel might be miles away from the PC!

If you have checked the remote checkbox and changed transfer settings from profibus to ethernet in the panel then you can initsiate transfer over ethernet from your pc without having to put the panel into transfer mode. At least it was so on the MP270's that i have worked with both Protool and Wincc flexible configurations.

Also remeber that if you are communicating through a router and if you have no other ethernet communication except from downloading the configuration the first attempt to download over ethernet will always fail i think it has something to do with the arp table is cleared. Maybe there is a way around that problem but i always ping the panel before downloading.