Remote Config Files?

Mike Wolf

I'm a whopping 2 month veteran to the world of PLC's (summer co-op) and I've run aground with a feature I'm trying to link into my system. I'm making the company standard powermonitoring system, I'm using...

RSLogix5000
RSView32
Prosoft MVI69-MCM
CompactLogix L32E

My problem is this:

I'm trying to find a way to either store or send the config files remotely. Because of the nature of the project, I can't have a serial connection between the computer and the pannel; I'm using a wireless router to send data. So I can't use HyperTerminal to do this. I have 50 config files for the 50 possible Powermonitor setups, and I know I can send them as a message to the Config/Debug port of the Prosoft card from the CompactLogix, but I have no clue exactly how to do it. I'm aware of the AWT command in RSLogix, but I can't get anything working. I've tried everything I can think of and researched it to the ground but I still have nothing.

Eventually I want a numeric input in RSView to tell RSLogix to have the CompactLogix give the right config file to the Prosoft card. ANY help would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

[edit: what the result should be]

Alright well does anyone know how to make the channel 0 port on the CompactLogix (ASCII) communicate with the Prosoft config/debug port(YModem)? That's what's getting me right now.