JMP & JSR

tim in pa

we are learning to use jump and jump subroutine on the slc500 fixed, and when we enter a "000" for the decimal label value, the plc converts it to numbers like Q02?! can anyone explain this translation?

"Q" prefix values are the default 'Data Table' (not really a DT) for Labels, which are the targets of JMP instructions (NOT JSR).

The "Q" is used, so that you can attach documentation to the JMP and LBL instructions.

Similar Topics

Hello again, Happy New Year. If the bit controlling this subroutine switches off, causing the JMP and LBL instructions to take effect, will the...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone, I have a series of 8 or 9 subroutines that are not in the main program file (File 2)..they are all consecutively placed in Ladder 11...
Replies
Views
Hello, Could you have several JMP instructions pointing to one LBL ? E.g Rung 1 has: JMP (X1) Rung 5 has: LBL (X1) Rung 8 has: JMP (X1)
Replies
Views
I've been struggling for a while with the correct syntax for my jump instruction in my ST function block in Twincat. Here's how i thought it had...
Replies
Views
Hey all - I have a question regarding translation between TI505 and RSLogix in regards to the JMP function. In Allen Bradley RSLogix, when the...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom