Simatic S5 115U CPU 941 - Siemens Experts required!!

504bloke

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi

I have been asked by a customer if this processor

S5 115U CPU 941 with a Ram Card Fitted (dont know the number as i couldnt remove it)

Is able to have an E/EEprom fitted instead as they have lost the program once before due to battery failure and power cut!

They have been told that the user program is too large for an e/eeprom ?

Would this be the Case ?

The 941 was the baby of the range, 2K memory to a max of 18K so very small.

I would have thought that if they could fit the program in RAM then EEPROM wouldn't be a problem.

It there is a limitation then maybe it would better to try to upgrade to a 942 if they can find one.

Bringing an old thread to lite!

The 941 i spoke of above has nearly died..

i have located a 943 series B (6ES5 943-7UA22)

or a standard 943 (S5 943-7UB11)

Just wanted to check are both these units a compatible swop for the 941 i have ?

Secondly what EEprom part number should i be looking for ?!?

The program is around 6K in size.

Thanks in advance

504bloke

As far as I am aware the 943 is compatable with the 941, so you shouldn't have a problem there. I think the only difference is that the 943's execution times are half that of the 941.

I believe that the EEprom part number you are looking for is 6ES5374-1KG11, that is for a 5V 128Kb flash memory card. As it happens, I have a one of these cards going spare, PM me your address if you are interested.

Paul

504bloke said:
Bringing an old thread to lite!

The 941 i spoke of above has nearly died..

i have located a 943 series B (6ES5 943-7UA22)

or a standard 943 (S5 943-7UB11)

Just wanted to check are both these units a compatible swop for the 941 i have ?

Secondly what EEprom part number should i be looking for ?!?

The program is around 6K in size.

Thanks in advance

You can download the 941 program into the 943 series B with no major issues. The series B was way faster than series A.

One caution though, when you download to the 943, do not download DB1 from the 941's program into the 943. I forget at what processor # and what version, DB1 became a configuration DB

Ian

Also note that if Db's are used to store variable data i.e. some kind of recipe then you need to decide if the db's are written to eeprom or generated in the startup OB on power up

Siemens S5 941

Hi Guys,

We've got this cup printing machine that has been working fine for the last 10-15 years and last year it started playing up - it would not start up, or if it does, it would just stop unexpectedly in the middle of the cycle etc. We tried pretty everything we could in terms of checking/replacing hardware, contacts and the rest. In the end, we managed to start the machine again, albeit temporarily, and we got the istack that shows what the errors might be. However, I am unable to interpret this information, so , could anyone please assist? I attach pictures of the istack files herewith. Many thanks everyone!

Istack1.jpg Istack2.jpg

Hi kipool,

QVZ - Time-out from I/Os:
- A peripheral byte that was not addressed
has been referenced in the program.
- An I/O module does not acknowledge.

STOZUS ”STOP” state (external request for
example via the programmer)

STOANZ ”STOP” display

REMAN
0: all timers, counters, and flags are
reset on Cold Restart
1: the second half of timers,
counters, and flags are reset on
Cold Restart

BATPUF Battery backup okay

AF Interrupt enable

Intermittent QVZ (I/O fault) is a nasty one to troubleshoot. I've seen a bad backplane, a bad power supply, and a bad I/O module in relation to this error.

Sounds like it is time for an S7 PLC to replace it.