Panelview Plus - String Display Select

Kidblue

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi,

Is it possible to display some sort of list on the screen in which an operator can select a particular STRING value from within the PLC?
I need to be able to update the string values from an external DDE link (this has already been proven, and is working well) - i just need a user friendly way of displaying/selecting the updated string values? :confused:

Ultimately, this is all part of a 'roll your own' recipe control, as the customer wants most of the recipe management done at PC level.
As stated earlier, all of the DDE read/write is ok, the PLC is ok, i'm just looking for some ideas on how to best create the operator end.....o_O

Any help appreciated.

Rob.

Last edited:
How many strings do you want to display? You could display as many as you can fit on a screen with simple selector buttons next to each string and have a "more" button that either displays another like screen and another etc. Or use one screen and on the "more" button indirect address increment registers in the PLC to shuffle string values into the same registers until the operator sees what he wants all the while on the same display.