Siemens PID Control

Jeff Burke

Hi,

I have been analyzing a Block diagram of the Continuous Controller: PID_CP. Everything seems pretty clear except for one thing.
Within the Process Variable Branch in the Siemens Step 7 it seems you have a choice weather to use a scaled process variable input (PV_IN) or a periferal input (PV_PER). Whats the significant difference? Also, Im not sure how the controller can tell if the PV_PER (Periferal Input) is within Range.

when you directly use the process variable peripheral, the speed of execution is increased.. When you use manipulated process variable then you are loosing time in scaling it separately..

the max and min values of peripheral variable is 27648 and 0 respectively. as usual in siemens.

Similar Topics

Hello all, A group I am involved with is just completing converting a Siemens APACS control system over to an RSLogix PLC. The subject came up of...
Replies
Views
Hello I have test a program today using FC41 for a flow control(flow meter feed back(4~24mA,0~6.5 m3/h); positioner for the butterfly...
Replies
Views
Hi Sorry for the long explaination I am commisioning a new install with these PID control blocks which are supposedly auto tuning. The process...
Replies
Views
Hi Can anyaone please help..? I need to bild a line following robot it will be steered and driven by pneumatics, I need to be sent into a...
Replies
Views
Hello to all, I need its aid. I need to implement a control of pH for acid water neutralization and will use a PLC Siemens S7200, the problem is...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom