Westfalia PLC ??

bluenoser337

Two Westfalia-Separator PLCs just landed on my desk for evaluation...not something I've ever seen before. They are used on a ship to operate oil separators...hence the brand. They are identified as Type PLC 100/3(C) Nr.31907324. The unit is a PLC and OP all in one. There is a slot in the back for a memory cassette, but I don't have those. When one unit is powered up, the "F-Key" LEDs all come on steady and the display does not illuminate. When the other unit is powered up all the LEDs flash rapidly, and the internal relay operates at the same rate. I need to determine if these are functional. Anybody have any info on these? The guts of the unit doesn't reveal any PLC brand names. It is a German made unit filled with RIFA relays and chips from Motorola, Toshiba, Hyundai, and Philips.

Westfalia Separator Canada, Inc.
835 Harrington Court
Burlington ON L7N 3P3, Canada
Tel.: +1/905/319-3900
Fax: +1/905/319-3903
eMail: [email protected]
Internet: www.gea-westfalia.ca