RSVIEWSE DATAlogging

rPraveenkum

Iam using RSview SE server ver 4.0 my os is windows 2000 server
I configured tags in Datalog setup & when i try to attach these datalog tags to historical trends it is not showing any tag i have restarted the PC many times for this any patches avalible?

Regards
Praveen

Praveen,

The project needs to be running and the Datalog model needs to be started so that your tag values are logged to disk. As soon as you have accumulated some logged data on disk, you should be able to see those values on your trend.

have you assigned the data log tag to a pen on your trend page,have you turned the pen on,if your panelview is not colour it is important what colour you have selected for the pen as some colours may not be seen.

what i found handy to test data logging and the setting up of a trend page is to just right some simple code moving changing numerical values into an integer tag.even if you don't data log the integer it will still appear on your trend page but will not retain the information if you leave the trend page and return,only with the data being logged the information will not be lost.

HAI GREG

i saw your solutions in plcs.net regarding RSVIEW VISUAL STUDIO. I prepared data log models for tags and am not knowing from where i have to monitor the historical report that means past data. customer wants to see the data report daily what happens if any thing goes wrong like that, i prepared datalog models with tags but from where i have to get the report. that means in MS-EXCEL or MS-ACCESS. IT IS SQL OR ODBC what ever data base it may be how we have to link .please give me the solution.

thanks and regards
M.SIVA

If your other thread is any indication Siva, than no information in this one will help you. RSView ME and RSView SE are two different pieces of software. ME allows you to assign a simple path for the datalogs to be stored (as created from the Trending function of ME). It doesn't allow connections to ODBC, Excel, SQL, or anything else natively. You can simply store the actual log files somewhere other than just on the unit. Try to continue with your other thread, rather than add more to this one.

siva_maddala said:
HAI GREG

i saw your solutions in plcs.net regarding RSVIEW VISUAL STUDIO. I prepared data log models for tags and am not knowing from where i have to monitor the historical report that means past data. customer wants to see the data report daily what happens if any thing goes wrong like that, i prepared datalog models with tags but from where i have to get the report. that means in MS-EXCEL or MS-ACCESS. IT IS SQL OR ODBC what ever data base it may be how we have to link .please give me the solution.

thanks and regards
M.SIVA