Can be this program shorter

alendi

Hello everyone.

I'm trying to take control of this program from a panel builder, can I import database from CSV files into Panelbuilder?

Maybe somebody can helpme to make a template for this kind of programs, and use sequencer for some steps.

The file only need to change the extension, .ZIP to .rss

Thank you

Alendi

I think just about any program can be shorter...

but why, you have used 984 words but you have 4712 left, as long as the program is well documented (looks like your is) then if its a little long, not that big of a deal.

Nice job (y)

There are others on this site, you should search them to compare see what others have and can do, that helps me.

Noticed that they take all inputs to internal bits & all outputs are mapped from internal bits, there are two reasons for this.

Either they have used a simulator in the development (disable real i/o & use bits in sim) or wasting memory, some programmers seem to think you can only use I/O once.

You could substitute all memory bits mapped to/from I/O & remove the mapping this would reduce the program

By mapping all the I/O to bits, he can reduce the traffic between the HMI and the PLC.

I just glanced at the program, his/her style is a lot different than my own, but there always multiple ways to do the same thing.

Thank you for it observation.

I made this ladder for control trought a HMI, I think is easier because I print a database for know every I/O and keep the program organizated.

Alendi