PowerFlex 4 and 40 invert analog input?

ckchew666

Our customer site has a few units Power flex 4 & 40 running at their machines.

A sensor (4-20mA) output is direclty wired into the analog input of the powerflex 4 & 40. Normally when the PF receive 4 mA it'll run at lowest speed, and the speed will increase propotional to mA input (until 20mA = highest speed).

Currently they need to invert the operation, whereby when the PF detecting 4mA, it'll run at full speed. The speed is inverse proportion to the mA input (max. 20mA = lowest speed).

Does PF4 or PF40 support this so call 'invert analog input' function?

Thanks a lot...;)

Yes. Parameter A112 & A113 are low/high. Make low > high, and you will have an inversion.

Page 3-32 of the PowerFlex 40 User Manual show how.

CroCop said:
Yes. Parameter A112 & A113 are low/high. Make low > high, and you will have an inversion.

Page 3-32 of the PowerFlex 40 User Manual show how.

Thx a lot...i also notice this setting in PF4 as well.

If I understand correctly, means for A112 (low) I'll have to set it to 100% while A113 (high) I'll set it to 0% for analog input inversion?? Right?

Thanks a lot.

DickDV said:
Nice job, CroCop. Isn't it sweet when a simple answer is so helpful?

Of course, as sweet as honey :)

Otherwise I'll have to put a PLC there just to invert the signal...stupid me!!! :(