Mitsubishi ZCP question

bklingenberg

I am working on an FX2N-16MR PLC and i am trying to use the zcp funtion, but it is not behaving the way that I would think that it should. This is the code I have after running:

ZCPhelp.GIF

T1 come on 5 seconds after M1, I am trying to compare D100 with a value of 406 in it to see if it is between 400 and 470, I think M11 should turn on when it is in this range, however M10 is turning on and not M11. I am not using M10, M11, or M12 anywhere else in the program. Can somebody tell me if I am doing something wrong or what is going on?

Devices Used

Here is the list of used devices. I have a ZRST that resets M0 to M99 when a reset button is pressed, that is why there are two counts for each of M10, M11, and M12. What does the ERR in the Error Column mean? Thanks, Bryan

devicesused.GIF

You are right, and it should work. The cmp (compare) function uses 3 bits, less than, equal to and greater than. Or in this case zcp (zone compare)

The only thing that can be wrong with this is that the zcp statement is not true.
It might look true with the ON bit being blue but is T1 or M1 going on and off very quickly - too fast for the monitor to catch.

You need to look at the zcp statement closely and find out why it is not always true. If m10 is on, then it has seen that it was less than - but if then the zcp statement goes false, m10 will still stay on

ok, i figured out my problem, apparently you can be online with a mitsubishi processor and have a different version in the processor than what is in gpp, ie: i made changes in gpp and did not properly apply them to the processor. I had the processor switch in run mode but the software was not in run mode. I guess this is one of those mistakes you only make once...

I still do not know what the ERR means in the list of used devices...

Err means error. In this case it means that you have used a coil with no corresponding bits (as in your zone reset)
If you use an HMI and use interbal bits for control you will also get ERR as you have used a bit with no corresponding coil

You can monitor a program with a different version but you cant monitor/write - it will verify the program before you can do that