AD Teminator I/O compatability

smiller

As a distraction from the AB vs. Union thread... Can anyone tell me if the AD Terminator T1H-EBC100 Ethernet comm module is compatible with Allen Bradley TCP/IP? specifically Logix 5000? I talked to AD support and he said that it was not and I would have to use a third party (Prosoft) Modbus/TCP master module, but the way I interpret the catalog it is. I am interested in trying Teminator out and have Modicon Modbus/TCP and AB Ethernet networks. It would be a big plus to have a product that can be configured for use on either network.
Thanks.
Steve

From what I can tell by looking through the manual it doesn't look like it supports Ethernet I/P. You might be able to format your own UDP messages out of the CLX Ethernet port but I kind of doubt it.

Keith

The Terminator T1H-EBC100 communications module does support MODBUS TCP/IP, so if your Ethernet controller supports standard MODBUS TCP/IP then it will work.

It will not work with Allen Bradleys Ethernet I/P (CIP or non-CIP versions).