Wireless PLC Communication???

If your PLC has Ethernet you can use a wireless access point and receiver. In my office I have set up a 3Com wireless access point that is attached to the network. I use a device called "Air Station" by Buffalo Technology to connect to my PLC backplane through the Ethernet card. If you are limited to RS232 on your PLC you can still use the wireless Ethernet but you will need a RS232 to Ethernet converter. You can get one of these from Black Box. Hope this helps.

Last edited:
Locus and a number of other companies produce spread spectrum radios that can communicate serial data up to several miles. They are essentially transparent to the two devices, but you may have to play a little with time outs.

Similar Topics

Hello Gentlemen, I've just registered and this will be my first post :). I am still a beginner in PLCs especially in communication...
Replies
Views
Hello, I want to establish the communication between Controllogix plc (2756-L62) to wireless Barcode scanner (MT2090) through prosoft...
Replies
Views
I am working on a Lookout direct scada communicating to a DL06 PLC through wireless Ethernet.The problem I am facing is, intermittent loss of...
Replies
Views
I know this can be done, but I can't get the router config right. My goal is to physically connect(using an ethernet cable) a device(PLC, RTU...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have a compact battery powered home robot mower for fun project and am looking at basically only putting a remote I/O unit in the battery...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom