Plc 5 /30

porky

Hi all ,...

I am wiring up a panel with a PLC5/30. with 16 slot rack, with one analog output and one analog input card, the rest are digital inputs and outputs. Im almost finished wiring up this panel, when a self declared expert tells me that I should have placed the anaglog input and output cards in the first and second slot. I have them placed in the last two slots.... My understanding is that it does not really matter where I place these cards... Am I right?? if not could you explain why ?

Thanks

Because of signal levels and their susceptibility to noise some place the cards in this order starting from the CPU:

Analog Inputs
Analog Outputs
DC Inputs
DC Outputs
AC Inputs
AC Outputs

Others may have a different order they like.

But - assuming that there is no interference taking place then any card in any position would be ok.

Also, placed in the order in which Bernie said is to keep the analog
cards away from the power supply (power supplies) which are usually placed
in the last slots.( noise)

Greetings Porky,

you're PROBABLY ok ... but this manual might help nail things down ... you didn't mention your addressing mode - or what other types of modules you're using - so take a quick look at the highlighted note ...

LOCATE.JPG

like the other guys have said, I've seen these things plugged in all across the board - and I don't think that I've ever seen any problem with any of the placements ...