DeviceNet available through Data highway

harrisoncw

I would like to know if it is possible to view a DeviceNet network through the Data highway. I am running RSLinx Pro looking through an Ethernet gateway to a backplane into the data highway plus. The DeviceNet network on the machine is at a very remote part of the plant.

Thanks

If the Devicenet network is on a Logix 5000 platform processor you can just tunnel through the backplane from the DH+ card to the Devicenet Scanner card. If not you can set up a pass-thru driver in RSLinx. Under configure drivers select the Devicent drivers option. A new window will pop up asking you to select the catalog number of the Devicenet scanner you want to connect to. Afterwards a the RSLinx who active window pops up and you just need to select the comm path to your scanner card.

If you are connected to a SLC 5/04, a connection can be made via the processor-back plane to the SDN card to get to devices its connected to. Warning, for accessing large parameter sets such as in a A-B Ultra 3000, its very slow to upload and download.