I need to build a 100 records database inside an AB model 1200.

piscis

I need to build a 100 records database inside an AB model 1200.

Does anyone knows how to do this or has a small sample project that will allow this PLC to grab the 4 digits Part ID number from a device and from another device it will grab the Tare Weight data and create this database like this:

ID Weight

0001 2.34

I’m not concerned about the communication protocols for the devices but instead I need to know the correct ladder logic instructions to build this database. Any help will be appreciated.

(PS: This database will be used later on as a look up table)

Thanks

Well, if it's a Series C processor, you create two data tables... "ID" (Integer) and "Weight", (Float) and assign room for 100 elements.

If the ID's are sequential (0-99), then you just need to create the "Weight" table.

Use indexed and/or indirect addressing to access the individual elements.