Control Logix Redundant System

plcnovel

Hi
I am using 1756-L62 Control Logix processors in a redundant systems. The redundancy is at Processors, power supplies level. I am having trouble in configuring the systems. I was able to give an IP address to one ENBT module (Cat Rev. Q01) in the primary module, bus wasn't been able to give IP address to second ENBT module in th esecondary chassis. Also, the OK LED of second processor in the secondary chassis is Solid red, I dont know why? I tried to put the secondary processor in a separete test chassis, it works fine there...but as soon as i put it back in the secondary chassis, its OK LED turns red on me. Is anybody have an idea how to configure a redundant system ? I really appreciate your help in this. Thanks in advance

Search the AB website for this document - "Setup and Troubleshooting steps to Implement Redundancy IP Swap" it should help.

Also search for "ControlLogix redundancy". There are many helpful technotes for setting up one of these systems.

Have you got your system running? I can probably help if not.

As stated above, you need to read about and understand the IP/node swap feature used in the ENBT's and CNB's.

Once you understand those items you will be able to better comprehend what is going on with your system.

Have you scheduled your ControlNet yet?

Have you used the redundancy tool in Linx to look at the detailed information about your systems errors?

What Firmware revision is are you using?

Did you use the firmware matrix provided in the release notes? Exact firmware major and minor revisions MUST be followed. Using the redundancy firmware bundle will insure this.

Post again if you are still struggling.

RSL