help with 7117 ife/b and ofe/b analog modules needed

ishmail

i am using the 1771 ife/b and 1771 ofe/b modules, for PLC-5. when i started there was a green light flashing. so i went into the module manuals and studied chapter 3. firstly, there were example programs but they are not complete. then i went to the IO CONFIG, because the manual said i could take advantage of the software i was using.

there i configured my I/O modules starting with the PLC-5 programmable processor on the left most slot "A", and then the DC, AC and lastly the Analog modules on slot "F" for the 1771 ife/b 12 bit with 16 I/O PORTS and slot "G" for the 1771 ofe/b 12 bit with 4 I/O PORTS.

i went into the analog modules where i set the INPUT TYPE to Single ended, the DATA FORMAT is BCD and the DIGITAL FILTERING is DISABLED.
the ADDRESSING MODE is "1 SLOT".

I then proceeded and pressed the INSERT RUNGS button, this automatically inserted the rungs for me to my astonishment and relief. after all this i downloaded the program and the green light went on without flashing. now the manual says that if its flashing that it is waiting for configuration write, so i guessed that the configuration bits had been sent.

so now, can i proceed with normal programming or is there a special way that analog cards receive and output their instructions. cause i see that they scan their instructions. can you please write me and example program that drives something, motor, valve anything.

Hi ishmail.

I dont exactly have program examples, but I have a few tips:

1. The PLC5 analog cards have onboard scaling.
You set the "Raw min" and "Raw max" values, and the card then automatically scales the raw analog signal to the set engineering value.
There are some limitations:
Only "positive rate" scaling. I.e. no scaling from +50 to 0 for example.
The min and max values are actually BCD values, so you are limited to 0 - 9999.

2. If you use 4-20 mA sensors (who doesnt ?), then set the analog inputs to 0-20 mA. This trick allows you to test for missing signal in the program (less than 2.5 mA f.ex.)
If you do so, you must adapt that scaling values accordingly.
If you have a sensor from 0.0 to 100.0 degr.C, then
"Raw min" becomes "-250" (0mA)
"Raw max" becomes "1000" (20mA)
The scaled value will then vary between 0 (0.0) at 4 mA, and 1000 (100.0) at 20mA.

PLC5_analog_inp.GIF

Good luck.

note to all ...

it seems that ishmail has posted the same question in two threads ... I suggest that we all concentrate on the other thread - which is located here ...