GX Developer Timer List

ASRAHASAD

Dear Experts

I am new in Melsec series PLCs , Using Q series CPU and need complete list of timers used in Q series i.e retentive and non retentive type . Also having no idea regarding timer format e.g T200 with vaule K11
What Does K11 means . i.e base value ? is it means
11x100msec = 1.1 Sec or .........

IS there soem fixzed timers in Melsec , from where I got an idea about melsec instruction set ???

Nice Regards

ASad

Not exactly sure what you need, but think this will help. To set up retentive/non retentive timers, in the project tree on the left on the screen, in the parameter section, select PLC Parameter. This opens the PLC Parameters window. Now select the "Device" tab. Here you can set up retentive and non retentive timers, for whatever range you require. Eg T200 to T300.

If you want a list of timers used in your code, in the main window (where you enter code), select Find/Replace from the drop down menus at the top of the window, then select "List of Devices Used". This again opens a window and from here enter the start address (eg T0) and it will then display which timers are addressed in the code.

Finally you are right regarding timer format. T200 with value of K11. The 'K' value does relate to the base value. So your right by saying 11x100msec = 1.1

Martin

your best bet to learn mitsubishi is by reading manual.
they have lot's of them but for someone who is just starting i would recommend:
1. GX Developer user manual (i would call it a must have)
2. User and instruction set manual for particular processor

GX Developer user manual will explain more than programming enviroment. If will also explain use of constants:

constants are hardcoded using proper prefix, K10 is decimal 10, H10 is 0x010 hexadecimal or 16 decimal, E10.0 is floating point value of 10 etc.

default timer base is 0.1sec for all mitsubishi plcs.
this can be changed for one or more timers depending on plc.
sometimes one has to turn on particular bit to convert last timer to high speed timer with 1ms resolution (like on FX PLCs).
on Q series you just choose high speed timer instruction to change base from 0.1 sec to 10ms etc.

Format:

you can type
OUT T5 K50

to create timer with 5.0 second hardcoded preset

you could try
OUT T5 H50

it is still hardcoded but preset is 8.0 seconds (50h=80dec)
obviously this can be confusing so for timers stick with K

If you want to change preset of the timer without editing logic, forget the hardcoded values and use register.

For example put value 50 into register D20
then use timer as

OUT T6 D20

now you can change preset value at any time (from HMI for example).