Multivac on S7-200

DDV

Good day all.

I have a industrial vacuum sealer (multivac) that we have mechanically reconditioned, but the control board is shot, so we are going to try and do plc control for it on a simatic s7-200.

Does any one here have control wiring diagrams or alternatively know the control philosophy of these sealers?

Typicaly what I need to know:

• Is the vacuum regulated by time or pressure
  • Does the sealing bars stay on all the time on temperature control, or do I control the sealing with time only.
  • Do I switch the vacuum pump or does it run all the time?

Hi DDV

Going back a few years now... I think the vacuum was brought on via a vac valve triggered for a specified time. Also, the vacuum pump remained on from the outset and vacuum applied via the vac valves when necessary.
As for the sealing bars, they were regualted at a desired temp then the bellows were inflated for a duration dependant on the material being sealed.

Hi'

I have worked on several multivac machines over the years, of various complexity. The newer thermoforming models have their own plc system, the manufacturer of which is not identified.

The simpler machines such as the AG800 are hard wired using timers and relays.

I suggest you contact Multivac for a copy of their electrical and operating manuals. Unfortunately, knowing Multivac you will have to pay for these.

The basic machine you can probably work out by following the wiring.

The machines I have worked can be controlled by a mannometer to control the vacuum level or use a time delay when evacuating from the sealing head.

Thank you, Silca & Thomas.

Your replies are much appreciated, I am planning on doing the control time based, and I will see how it goes from there.

Thanks again for your interest.

DDV said:
Thank you, Silca & Thomas.

Your replies are much appreciated, I am planning on doing the control time based, and I will see how it goes from there.

Thanks again for your interest.

Sorry typo, Silva.Foxx