E300 to S7 200

gruntstripe

Hello,

Can anybody advise as to the pinouts so that I may make up a lead to connect a Mitsi E300 hmi to an S7 200 (cpu226)?

Any help greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Hi Gruntstripe,

If you click on Help -> Controller Help (in E-Designer) then a help-file will open. This helpfile contains information about addressing, cables, troubleshooting etc. You have three different possibilites:
1. Buy a CAB8 (= RS422 -> RS485 converter) and create a cable according to the drawing in the helpfile.
2. Buy a standard cable CAB20 (you can buy this cable directly from Mitsubishi, it contains circuits that converts RS422 -> RS485).
3. Buy a Siemens PC/PPI cable 6ES7 901-3BF00 and create a cable according to the drawing in the helpfile (the constructed cable is connected to the PC-side of the PC/PPI-cable).

Let us know if you need more help!

//Supporter

Last edited:
Hello Supporter,

I wish to avoid buying anything if I can. Not much cash you see. Previously I've made leads to connect E300 to Fx (25W to 25W D-type) and to FX0 (25W to 8W mini-din) plcs and they worked fine.

So for E300 to S7 a 25W (E300/RS422 side) to 9W (S7 RS?) lead is what I wish to construct.

I tried looking in E-Designer help but could find no info about leads (E-Designer V 6.01 build 69).

Does there have to be some kind of electronics in the lead for signal conversion or is it just passive.

Thanks.

Hi,

The thing is that the PPI port of the PLC communicates using RS485. Since an E300 only have 2 ports (a RS232 and a RS422-port) you will need to use a converter (either RS232 -> RS485 or RS422 -> RS485). Both CAB8 and CAB20 contains circuits/electronics that converts the RS422-signals to RS485. The PC/PPI adapter contains circuits that converts RS232 -> RS485. One way or another you will need to buy either a "ready" cable from Mitsubishi or buy a RS232/RS422 -> RS485-converter and then construct a cable between the converter and the PLC.

Let me know if you need more help!

//Supporter