Wonderware Intouch write problem..

drspanda

In the PC Station, which I am using has 2 users + administrator OS is WinXP SP2...
I have a HMI application by wonderware Intouch and the PLC is S7-400...

The Problem: When I login as administrator I have no problem with the opening of windowviewer..but when I login as a user windowviewer is not starting and I am getting the following error message:

windowviewer cannot write to the NAD local working directory D:\kiln.data\Intouch\Nalco.Bell

I tried in several ways to solve this problem by user management...giving rights to that particular user but not able to solve..but windowmaker is opening....What I want is not opening..

Thanks in advance.

Through My Computer, navigate to the NAD directory (D:\kiln.data\Intouch\Nalco.Bell) and right click on the folder. Under the Security tab, either add the necessary users and give them Full rights to the folder, or just grant full rights to everyone, but just for that particular folder.

HTH,
Jeff

I think I have done that but I have given full rights to that particular folder as well as full tree...Today I will do as per your advice "just giving full rights to that particular folder"

Thanks in advance..

If you want to change rights first add Administrator user in the group of owners for particular file. After that you can change permissions for Everyone users (Windows will accept changes immediately). Also add particular user that you use during SCADA login process and assign full rights to that user too.

I am extremly sorry for the delay...I have tried that and I still have the same problem...I removed all users and created a new user and followed as per your advice...but still the same problem...Is it possible to send/attach the user configuration so that you can advice me more...Also tell me in steps..

I have a question. Do you have more than one computer running InTouch? For some reason I get the feeling this is a stand alone InTouch application which makes me wonder why you are using NAD?

Yes I have three computers running Intouch...but normally one PC will be in Off condition... In the remaining 2 PC's Intouch runs and they are for different applications..

It sounds to me that you are using NAD when you don't/shouldn't be. NAD is designed to have one Master application and multiple Slave applications. In a NAD set-up, you make changes to the Master application, once changes are made you advise the Slave applications, the Slave applications then make copies of the Master application and start running the new application. If your system is not set-up this way (that being it's a stand alone application), turn off NAD. You turn off NAD by going to InTouch > Tools > Node Properties and uncheck Enable Network Application Development.

Need recovery from Wonderware Intouch window maker starting error

hello... I can work in wonderware intouch [COLOR=#0000FF !important]window maker[/COLOR] easily. But when i switch to [COLOR=#0000FF !important]Runtime[/COLOR](windowviewer) page, it doesnot open... or may error will come "could not start windowviewer" rarely. Please help me out friends..... My all work is pending for this error:sick:....please reply me as soon as possible... thanks in advance....