Logicmaster 6 Manual

jbaron76

I am looking for a manual for the Logicmaster 6 Programming Software Manual. If anyone has this or knows where I can find one, it would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks,
Jason

I do not know what to say except this kind of thing ticks me off to no end.

I know that some of the members here have made a living working with GE but in my opinion they have the worst products, bad software, and just downright awful support and attitude for support.

In this electronic age any company that will not provide documentatiion for their legacy products is a POS.

OH yeah, I forgot, a GE system costs $2500 compared to an AB costing $25000, what a crock of chit. Anyone dumb enough to believe that......

Maybe one of the GE guys will provide the manual.

Ron, don't hold back! Tell us how you really feel.

Jason,
I have posted several GE Fanuc manuals over at Chris Elston's Mrplc.com site. However, the LM6 software manual is a 67 meg file and Chris has a 50 meg limit. I have asked Chris for temporary authority to upload a larger file. If he lets me do it, I'll let you know when it's available.

I may have access to a hard copy if you are interested. I won't know until Friday. I replaced on about two years ago. The complete system should be in storage.

Ron... and others that might be interested...

GE is really not bad... not bad at all! In fact, it's almost as good as TI!

I was weened on AB, then I felt really felt much better working with GE, then I found Nirvana working with TI!

Last edited:
Please excuse my rant

I did not make those statements to be derogatory to anyone associated with GE, it is just a pet peeve that any PLC maker has a support database with a section for a legacy product but will not include a manual.

I may be a little upset with GE right now because I had to call tech support Friday and they have yet to return my call. I resolved the issue though and closed it.

The sad part is that although I have worked with numerous AB plcs I have actually programmed more GE, AD, and Siemens products. Terry, I assume by TI you are refering to the 505, because many of them were relabeled Koyo; which is slightly different..IMHO. I wish I could find my Softshop software and manuals but have not worked with it in 5 years or so.

The only reason I mentioned the pricing thing is that every once in a while it gets stated that a 90-30 system could be obtained for 10% of the cost of an AB system. I may be wrong but I equate the 90-30 with an SLC 500 and I have never been able to obtain components with that much of a price differential between them. There have been differences because of company relationships with suppliers where a multiplier is involved but I have never seen anyone get 70-80% off of retail. As an example the last time I had to buy RSL500 I also purchased VersaPro, VP was about $300 less but IMO it is not all that great a programming package. It got the job done though.

At this time I have RSL500, VersaPro, Simatic S7, DirectSoft32, and more that I work with. I find RSL the easiest to understand and work with for some reason that I can not explain.