A3A Not enough memory

henry_ji

I am primer for PLC. I get involved in one project Mitsubishi A3ACPU, and it has a bunch of I/O modules plus a couple of communication extension board like AJ72-C24 etc.

We had difficult time restoring the PLC software from backup which was done a couple of years ago. The battery was plugged off the machine. We compared the PLC program with printer plc ladder diagram and it looks pretty much right.

1) If we set to upload everything (program, pLc parameter and device memory), GX developer says the specified memory is larger than the available memory. (It was in that cpu card. How come?)

2) If we set the parameters upload only in the 1st setp and program in the 2nd step, the program can be loaded into plc and it says missing end instruction.

Any idea? hard ware failure or memory failure? How to trouble shoot?

thanks
Henry

Henry.

It has been a while since I set up a full sized A Series system but these processors used a memory cassette which contained the memory and the battery. There were also a number of DIP switches in the cassette which could be used to manage the available memory. Have you checked that these are set correctly?

Andybr