Analogue outs

jeepmadmike

Hi all
Now im a bit of a novice in the PLC world and it would be very useful if anyone has some advice on programming analogue o/p on a AB micrologic 1200 all a want is to have a few analogue output set points which i can call from the program.

Thanks for any help

i'm using the analogue o/p for speed control of a motor via an inverter i want to have 6 set speeds for the motor which i can address from different points in the ladder.

set the config setting in the aanlog card
use SCP inst to convert engg value to counts

Input (some integer or float Address)

Input min 0 Hz ---- Engg min

input max 50 (or) 60 hz ------ Engg max

output min 0 (or) 6242 ---- 0 mA (or) 4 mA

output max 31208 ---- 20 mA

enter your output Address O:1.0 (analog card in slot 1 ch0)

if you enter some hz in Input corresponding mA is produced in the output

ihope this will help you

regards
praveen

You need to set up an array, then get the preset data from the position in the array.

I haven't used AB for awhile and don't have the software to quickly pop up an example, I'm sure one of the others will help you out.

(NOTE: the USA will be waking soon :nodi: )