Allen Bradley CPU Firmware

joetie

I would be grateful if some one could help with the following:

Is it possible to verify Allen Bradley CPU firmware version numbers by going online to the CPU? If so how?

I'm specifically interested in the following CPU types:

1756-L61, 1747-L553

Many thanks in advance

You can do it quickly through RSLinx by right-clicking on the processor in the RSWho active screen and select Device Properties. It will tell you the firware revision.

Both RSLogix 500 and RSLogix 5000 have Processor Status views that will show you the precise current version of firmware running in the controllers.

In RSLogix 500's controller organizer, click on the Controller folder, then the Processor Status item. In the second tab (labeled "Proc") you will see the OS Catalog Number, the OS Series letter, the OS FRN number. The OS FRN number is what you would generally refer to as the "firmware version" of the controller.

In RSLogix 5000, navigate to Edit -> Controller Properties and on the General tab the software will show the Type (1756-L62) and Revision (15.4) of the controller.

Update Firmware

[shakes head] I'm such a literalist. Thanks, Matt !

Hello Guys,
i have another question,
i have a CPU 1756-L55/A and i want to replace it with 1756-L55M16, and the program was executed with RSLogix 5000 V11.00.
and when i replace my CPU RELogix asked me to update firmware.
Can anyone help me with the procedures to update my CPU firmware because I'm a junior in Allen Bradley.

Thnaks and Best Regards
Mahmoud Turky

Hi Mahmoud,
Run all programs>flash programming tools>control flash program. Or you can acsess from RSLogix5000>Tools>Control flash. Next---->select the card that you want to update firmware. Show the place of card from RSLinx window. And follow procedure.

Hi Mahmoud,
Run all programs>flash programming tools>control flash program. Or you can acsess from RSLogix5000>Tools>Control flash. Next---->select the card that you want to update firmware. Show the place of card from RSLinx window. And follow procedure.

And back up the program before you flash the CPU