RSView ME Report Printing, plz help

westec

Good Day,

I am currently creating a project in RS View ME, to be used on a Windows 2000 computer in runtime. I need to print a report of recipe ingredient quantities from the project. Essentially, I just need to print up information in some memory bits.

I cannot find any specific supporting documentation on how I achieve this.

I have found some information on Rockwell's online knowledgebase, but I am not sure it applies to RSView ME.

http://domino.automation.rockwell.com/applications/kb/RAKB.nsf/0/546AC045992A920E85256AFB00702006?OpenDocument

It refers to a print only object (P.O.O.) that I need to use, however, I cannot find such an object existing in the software nor can I find the ability to "enable printing" in RSViewME, which it refers too.

If anyone has any experience in this matter please let me know. I would deeply value any information or assistance. If you would like you can e-mail me directly at [email protected]

Thank you very much,

Andrew

P.O.O do not exist in the PV+/RSView machine Edition platform.

My guess is you will need to build a screen that shows the data you are interested in and add a Print Display button to that screen.

jjsohio

Thank you for the reply. I have attemped exactly that, however the printer that I am using is a point of sale unit and does not support graphic printing very well at all. It is a Epson TM-U295 and is essentually used for recipes and POS systems. I am trying to get help from their development area, but with limited success.

I guess I am looking for an ActiveX control or a VB script. Something that would help with the printing or reporting. Is anyone aware of something like that?

Andrew

FYI for anyone interested in this topic, I have contacted Rockwell's technical support line.

According to Rockwell they cannot print any sort of reporting at all from their RSViewME runtime software aside from Alarm logs/history and to do a print screen. You cannot print reports or anything else for that matter natively from the runtime environment.

I am going to have to obtain a different printer that has better support for graphics to do a print screen.

An ActiveX control or some other 3rd party software might be able too, however none seem to exist at the moment (that I or Rockwell are aware of).

I'm shocked as it seems I might be the first one to even attempt this (or at least get help with it). Just my luck...