Sound Alarm in WinCC

Maia

Hey guys,

I hope someone can help me get a sound to be output via the sound card when a message arrives in WinCC? I've done this before but don't remember how to do it. What I can remember is that I should set the "triggers an action" check box in the single message properties and create a script in GMsgfunction. Too bad I lost the script!

Please help..

Thanks,
zarah

Here's is an example taken from Siemens site:

#include "apdefap.h"
void OnClick(char* lpszPictureName, char* lpszObjectName, char* lpszPropertyName, UINT nFlags, int x, int y)
{
#pragma code ("Winmm.dll ")
VOID WINAPI PlaySoundA ( char* pszSound, char* hmode, DWORD dwflag );
#pragma code()
PlaySoundA("C:\\Winnt\\Media\\tada.wav",NULL,1);
}

Thanks Jacekd. But that script is a button click-triggered. it is not connected to the alarm system. the script i got 2 years ago consist of "alarmsum" and "alarmunack" variable. basically, it checks if the unacknowledged alarm is greater than 0. it then triggers the sound (usually .wav file).