What am i doing wrong?

jeepmadmike

I am just attempting to de-bug a new program with a analogue out (4-20mA)and i cannot get the value above 4mA.
The instruction im using is SCP and the output is scaled between 6242min and 31208 max for a input 0min 100max. what ever value the integer valve the o/p value remains at 6242

Ps its a AB micro logic plc and thanks for reading the post!

What ladder file is the SCP instruction in. If in something other then ladder 2, are you calling that subroutine.

I see i just moved the rung to ladder 2 and it now works. thanks for your help guys. i must find the time to go and study PLC's in depth

It makes sense to place different sections of code in different ladder files to make trouble shooting easier. I use unconditional sub routines all the time, just for that purpose. Ladder file 2 is usually very small with many sub routine calls.

Here's an example of an unconditional call:

sub_call.png

The U:4, will call ladder file 4.

Hope this helps.