Hey Phil

rsdoran

Lifetime Supporting Member
Please do not take this wrong, I am not a prude or criticizing anything, just wondering.

Why can damn, hell, and several other defined curse words be stated but c r a p can not...****.

Just a WAG here:

Methinks damn and hell are not "pure" curse words in the sense that they can be used in non-expletive manners.

c r a p on the other hand does not have a "non-naughty" meaning.

Rick

rgurin said:
Just a WAG here:

Methinks damn and hell are not "pure" curse words in the sense that they can be used in non-expletive manners.

Rick

That has me confused, exactly how is it naughty? I know it can reference feces but it is just a general word and much nicer word than then the standard used to reference the aforementioned..i.e. My car is a piece of c r a p.

c r a p is a common statement for something not very good in the UK and would imagine it was a banned word no-where. Seen as the posh way of saying it's sh**.

PeterW said:
c r a p is a common statement for something not very good in the UK and would imagine it was a banned word no-where. Seen as the posh way of saying it's sh**.[/QUOTE]

Technically that was my thought, it replaces a word that is definitely naughty.

As most know I have a site too, I have most of the common "naughty" terms blocked but never thought of this one as naughty. Always thought of it as the "nice" way to express something that required the other 4 letter word.

It is no big deal, was curious.

Many use four-letter words for emphasis. It indicates a poor command of the English language.
Expressing yourself without the use of bad language indicates you are a highly educated professional.
That covers everyone on this forum, doesn't it?

Last edited:
How about simple manners? But in some instances, strong language is warranted.

When my step-daughter was 15, she worked up the nerve to start cursing around us. Finally, I took her aside and explained it to her.

"Cindy, I don't mind the language, but you're using it wrong."

"'Mom, my damned car broke down and I'm stranded' - suitable."

"(spoken politely)'Mom, pass the damned butter please?' - not suitable."

TM

Ron,

From memory it was added after it was used inappropriately like the example Timothy wrote. Just a judgement call...

Enjoy,

rgurin said:

How about...

Using a stepper motor where a servo motor should be used is a **** shoot.

Just trying, never seen what it does if you do something like this

The motor crapped out

The motor craps out

The motor **** out

Last edited:
Oh... FUDGE!

So... what the hell does that really mean?

Isn't that really just a way for all of you self-righteous, sanctimonious, holier-than-thou, ba$tards to say...

Oh... *******!

...in front of Mother and the rest of the world?

WHAT THE HELL IS THE DIFFERENCE???

Do you really think that your Mother and the rest of the world is that stupid?

Doesn't it all boil down to the common understanding and application of the "word"?

Oooohhh... I see... Mother refuses to interpret the intent behind the word and chooses instead to think that you are simply calling for a confectionary treat... even as you sit there, bleeding to death, because you cut your forking leg off with a chain-saw.

As you sit there bleeding to forking death... Mother brings you some lovely Fudge... (what can I say...)

I'm really sure that your Mother really knows what "fudge" really means when you say it the way that you say it... in fact, I'll bet, not only does she know what you mean, but... now, hang-on... this could possibly be a stretch (but I really forking doubt it...)... I'll bet that your Mother has actually done that fudging "fudge" thing!

OMG! Can you believe that??? Mother?
MY MOTHER???

As an aside, I'll bet you hundreds of dollars to doughnuts, she even gave a header, or two, in her day... not necessarily to her husband! Damn! Imagine that!

Ron is right... it is all *******! Nothing but *******!

Terry sometimes you amaze me…

Its obvious, that you are talented and you have a high IQ…but sometimes you show the intelligence of a 8 year old…

Did that last post make you feel more like a man? Did you feel like you were teaching someone something? besides the fact that you can make a really big a$$ out of your self sometimes?

And to think…I was looking forward to part 2 of the other thread…

Don’t you think that Phil puts restriction for reasons? Or is he just like making you put the hyphen between the letters?

Do I have virgin ears? NO, but sometimes kids do look at what there parents are doing on the computer