B&R station in passive mode.

NoName

Hello guys.

I'm trying to connect to a B&R PLC via profibus so that I will be albe to display it's working parameters with Win CC flexible.
I have connected the PC to the profibus and I have set the PG/PC interface to CP512(Profibus) - the addres of the PG/PC is set to 0, and if I test the network it is OK. I have allso checked the box PG/PC is the only master on the BUS.

If i try to access all the accesible nodes in Step 7 I see the B&R station at addres 11, but it's in passive mode. Is this beacouse I have set the option PG/PC is the only master on the bus.

Can you guys please explain it to me what that exactly means.

Thanks in advance

Regards
AL

Hi NoName.

Is the B&R PLC a master or a slave on the Profibus network ?

I ask because for a HMI to connect to a PLC is 'normally' done as master-to-master when using Profibus.

If the B&R is a Profibus slave, then it takes many steps in order to let WinCC Flex communicate with it.
WinCC Flex has to be setup as a "PC station".
I think that you have to install "Simatic Softnet PB S7" in order to setup a Profibus DP connection. The standard Profibus driver that is delivered with WinCC Flexible runtime will not allow you to setup a "PC Station".
(There is a version of Simatic Softnet included with WinCC Flex runtime, but it is for Ethernet not Profibus, and it is for S7 not B&R).
You will have to import the B&R PLC as a GSD file into the Profibus configuration of the PC station.
I also think that you have to modify the B&R program in order to update the Profibus module with i/o data.
The above is just a brief description of the steps, it is a bit more involved than that.

If on the other hand, the B&R PLC is to be a Profibus master, then you cannot use the integral drivers in WinCC Flexible or Simatic Net software. You will have to purchase an OPC server from B&R (it is called "PVI"). And you will have to select the "OPC" driver in WinCC Flexible.

Pardon me, but your question leads me to think that you may be in deep water so to speak.

The setting "only master on the bus" refers to something else.
It has to do with if the network has more masters that are physically but not functionally connected to the same Profibus setup.

Thanks JesperMP for your reply.It helps allot.

I will look in too all the things that you suggested, but it's hard beacouse I can hardly get anything out of the people that assembeled this machine.

Thank you.

I've finaly got some usefull info about the B&R station. It's a DP slave, and I allso got a GSD file from B&R for this DP slave.

But the problem is that when I install a new GSD it doesn't appear in the hardware catalog. It should be in Profibus-DP/Other field devices... but I don't have this folder in the cataloge. What am I missing?