S7300 Newbie question

Cryogen

I have a CPU 313C here that I was trying to troubleshoot my program. I am still new to Simatic manager. Anyways, I am monitoring the program and I cannot see a relation between the physical IOs and what I monitor.

I have a very basic program loaded now (just for testing) that is turning an output ON (Q0.0) if there is no input(I0.0). I see the output ON while I monitor the program but I do not see the Output LED ON on the PLC.

Another example, I have connected 24V to the input, I see the Input LED ON but I do not see the Input status ON while I monitor the program. What am I doing wrong? Please help..

If you see at the botom of your screen a sign that sais the statements are not being transfered that means that the block is not being called as DDV suggested.

Please go to the HW config, then right-click on the DI/DO slot, then "Object Properties", then Adresses, then check out what are start adresses for the Input and Outputs, chnage then if needed, or change the adresses in your program to fit those adresses, I doubt you do really have I0.0 and Q0.0 in the HW config

Cryogen said:
DDV, This logic is on OB1.

PeterW,

How do I do that?

when your checking the address as girevik directed you to, you will see process image, that should be set to OB1 PI, not all enable this feature to be changed away from OB1 PI, but if it does and has then it will only update as a result of an SFC 26/27 call.

I specially created dummy project with 313C. Step7 assigned DI addresses 124..126, DO addresses 124..125. If you want to change it, you must to remove "System selection" checkbox in HW config Object properties -> Addresses and reassign required addresses.

I actually went to the HW configuration, monitored the digital inputs directly (through PLC>Monitor/Modify).. I still cannot see the real status..

PeterW,
you will see process image, that should be set to OB1 PI, not all enable this feature to be changed away from OB1 PI,
I made sure it had OB1 PI selected..

Peter, 313 doesn't support another than OB1 PI updating.
Cryogen, do you see scrolling green indicator "Running" in your monitor/modify window? If not, check checkbox "Monitor".

Thanks for all your help.

Gambrinus, I did check Monitor and there was a scrolling Running indication.. Still no change..