Hi Folks ,

I am in a pinch. I have a Lenze 9300 Servo Drive that is
driving a MCA19S35-SCMP1 Servo Motor. The brake is bad on the
Servo Motor ,and I cannot find a replacement quick enough. Is
there another brand that we maybe able to use. AB Kinetix ,
ABB , etc. We are going to disassemble the motor tomorrow, and see
what we can do. Do you have any ideas.

Thanks in advance,

Brakes on servos are used when power is off or when the drive faults. Most of the time it is on an axis that will fall if the servo has a problem.

You may want to just look at replacing the break. You may be able to get it faster than a new motor. Sometimes putting a different brand motor on a drive can be a challenge. It depends on how the drive commutates the motor and how the feedback is done. Sometime the encoder/resolver is matched to the polls of the motor. A different brand motor may not be setup the same way.

I don't know about this servo motor specifically (nothing at the LEnze site) but brakes are usually add-on options, so you may be able to just replace the brake. Have you called Lenze?