Reading FB's in Step 5

jdf

Hi All

Is it possible to read a multiple called FB with live data from the point of call in Step 5 as can be done in Step 7.

In Step 7 if you want to look at data in a multiple called FB or FC you would do the following.

From task bar- debug – operation – then check test operation in the pop up box and click ok – from the task bar click on the down load icon – in the pop up box click on NO – then right click on the FC or FB and highlight block call and click on the option monitor with call-up path. This will open up the FB, FC on line with only the data for that call shown.

Is there any procedure in Step 5 for doing the same as above.

Kind Regards

Jon

I haven't used Step 5 for a while so I can't recall the answer to your question, an alternative is to copy the FB to a spare FB then call the spare FB where you want to monitor. Put back the original call when you've finished.

You can stipulate a path, but only if the block is only called once from the originating Block.

Say you have an FB, FB5 that is called 4 times, then if it is called 4 times from PB12 then no, but if it is called once each from PB12, PB13, PB14 and PB15, then you can.

Where you stipulate the block to open, instead of entering FB5, enter FB5, PB12 (I think its that way around as I've not used S5 for years either) and you see FB5 only when its called from PB12.