S7-300 &Proface GP577 via MPI

Watt

Hello everyone,
have u ever used Proface panel connect with SiemensS7
i found some problem maybe someone can tell me .
i connect S7 300 to GP577 and machine ok.

when customer want to replace gp577 by GP2500
some information lost and machine cant running.
have someone found this problem?
pls tell me, why?
Thank

Kind Regards,
Watt

Hi Watt

Are you onsite ?
Can you elaborate on "some information lost and machine cant running. ?

If the reason that the machine cannot run is that the PLC is in STOP, then you can go online and investigate the diagnostics buffer.

they upload project file from GP577
and they convert to GP2500
then download to GP2500.
when they connect GP to PLc
some switch<Graphic on panel> lost and some switch can be press but no effect for PLC for machine.
then they chang to use old panel<GP577> machine can running and con operate anything.
i dont know why?

Sawatdee Watt.

The problem definitely lies with the new Proface panel, or the conversion from old to new version.

Sorry, can't help you with Proface. Maybe somebody else can step in.