Panelview 550 problems

DalTile

I’m having trouble trying to get a panel view program using Panel builder 32 to automatically switch to another screen. I’m trying to use a multi state indicator to act like an alarm and when it goes true to sent me to another screen where I can acknowledge the alarm and take it back to the first screen. Is this possible to use an indicator to do this function or will I have to find another route to try to do this?

You will need to make use of the Status and Control tags and switch your screens using the PLC. You will need to create these tags and then go to the Application Settings and designate the tags there. The status tag tells the PLC what screen is currently displayed(by screen number), and the control tag allows the PLC to tell the Panelview which screen to display. Using this scheme, you can create logic in the PLC using your indicator to trigger the screen you need. Here's an example from the help file:

Controller screen change example
The following example, shows how a Screen Number control tag is used to display Caution and operation Information screens. The controller writes a screen number to the PanelView terminal whenever operating parameters exceed predefined limits.
The application has the following configuration:
Screen Number tag Tag Name = ScreenTag Address = N7:10
Screen 10 Information Screen
Screen 11 Caution Screen
1 The controller monitors an automatic sorting process. A bar code reader signals the presence of a package requiring an operator’s attention. The ladder logic writes the value 10 to the Screen Number tag address (N7:10).
2 The PanelView reads the value 10 at N7:10. The Information Screen is displayed.
3 The controller writes the value 0 to the Screen Number tag address (N7:10) returning control of the displayed screen to the operator. If the tag contains a value other than 0, the operator cannot change the screen.
4 The operator responds and selects a System Status screen to monitor the process.
5 The controller monitors the process. A jam on a conveyor requires immediate attention by the operator. The controller writes a value of 11 to the Screen Number tag address (N7:10).
6 The PanelView reads the value 11 at N7:10. The Caution Screen is displayed.
Allen-Bradley Company, LLC, Copyright © 1993-2002, All Rights Reserved

Hope this helps,
Jeff

Last edited: