Has anyone use 1762 input expansion with ML1100?

cfernan62

I have a ML1100 with 4 1762 Digital Input expansion modules. Can someone tell me the addressing scheme for these added inputs?

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

Regards,

Conrad

Same as any other rack, Slot 1 would be I 1.0/0-15, slot 2 would be I 2.0/0-15 etc
Outputs are the same, depending on the cards that are being used. There is nothing new about this...

SNK said:
Same as any other rack, Slot 1 would be I 1.0/0-15, slot 2 would be I 2.0/0-15 etc
Outputs are the same, depending on the cards that are being used. There is nothing new about this...

I thought it should be this way. I am using an OPC Server ( "not RSLinx ) and it's not able to resolve the address. I'll keep trying.

Thanks for the response!

If the OPC server you are using is the Archestra OPC servers used with the latest InTouch software there is an issue with directly reading Input and Output registers in the 500 series of Allen-Bradley controllers. Even though it is not an SLC it still shares the same communications. There are many technotes in the Wonderware library about this issue. Usually the easiest thing to do is copy the I/O into N files so that the data will be where you expect it to be. I think you can get it to work, but it is really strange and things are not mapped where you expect them to be, but the manual describes this quirk and how to figure out where the data actually resides.

Darren

dash said:
If the OPC server you are using is the Archestra OPC servers used with the latest InTouch software there is an issue with directly reading Input and Output registers in the 500 series of Allen-Bradley controllers. Even though it is not an SLC it still shares the same communications. There are many technotes in the Wonderware library about this issue. Usually the easiest thing to do is copy the I/O into N files so that the data will be where you expect it to be. I think you can get it to work, but it is really strange and things are not mapped where you expect them to be, but the manual describes this quirk and how to figure out where the data actually resides.

Darren

Thanks Darren. I'll try that out. Sounds like a good solution.